THE LAB IS...
- a catalyst for new collaborations...
- with and within neighborhoods...
- with and among artists...
- with and on behalf of communities, institutions, organizations.
- an ongoing series of brainstorming Workshops -- now numbering 32
- a "connection point" for arts and communities called the ArtsCommons
- and, with your participation, an expanded definition of "we."
what's been INCUBATING AT THE LAB?
- 6/26 Workshop: This one set the tone for the Lab's future, with its multiple voices, perspectives, emerging collaborations (already!). It was called Remixing our senses: augmented reality as a tool for civic participation/civic art/civic imagination. And that's what happened! We'll be sharing peoples' notes, second/third thoughts, ideas for next steps, etc. And will invite you to participate as well in this next round. Stay in touch!!
- 3/22 Workshop Notes: "The function of public art is to transform the way people respond to each other" -- the emerging ideas continue to resonate, and are worth revisiting: What are the catalysts that provoke/provide that kind of transformation? Maybe a simple question, asked in a public space, such as: "How did you get here?" Read the responses and reactions, and add your own. And check out the word cloud nearby generated from the Notes. Most definitely, it can...
- Latest on the ArtsCommons: Soon, we'll have photos from its launch at Figment 2017 as a catalyst for visual arts, installations, music...and participation.
- In the meantime, we continue to take pride in our presence at JPPorchfest 2016 (photos below), where we "prototyped" the ArtsCommons -- again, as a shared-pop-up, neighborhood-focused resource for arts in public places. Instead of shipping containers, we deployed shipping pallets, plywood, foam, chalk, and lots of amazing improvisation!
help us answer "what's next...?"
Explore with us. Join us. Put your own creative spin on "what if...?"
Imagine and activate new collaborations, new workshops.
AND HELP US SUCCESSFULLY BRING THE ARTSCOMMONS TO FIGMENTBOSTON 2017, JULY 22-23