A brief overview
- Through our Workshops, we seek to provide a forum in which to poke and probe for new, robust, and dynamic collaborations that strengthen and sustain arts in Greater Boston’s public places.
- Through the ArtsCommons project, we seek to provide a platform to further these collaborations throughout -- and with the participation of -- Greater Boston's neighborhoods.
BostonAPP/Lab focuses on the essentials for taking art out into the world.Mission Statement
To incubate new collaborative initiatives that bring to life an expanded and inclusive vision for arts in Greater Boston's public places.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
- Twenty-nine workshops through December 2016, with more on the way, creating new collaborations, identifying new opportunities.
- A growing universe of over 750 participants -- artists, city agencies, non-profits, educational institutions, funders, the general public.
- Emerging projects including the ArtsCommons -- a "collection point" for making/viewing/participating in art and for making community -- and our downloadable Gameboard -- an easy-to-grasp visual tool illustrating the who, what, and how of public art.